The preparation you put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price and a great price. The best part is, it’s not hard, time consuming or expensive. Emotional decisions are based on sight, sound and smell. Your house must look attractive, the sound should be unobtrusive and odours should be inoffensive. Below are a few easy make over tactics to help you sell at a premium price
- Make sure the front gate works, after all this will provide the very first impression.
- Freshen the front fence with a splash of paint.
- Mow the lawn a few days before inspection.
- Create an instant garden with flowering plants.
- Cover weeds with pine bark or another similar ground cover.
- Repair rusty roof gutters.
- Clean the pool in the morning but remove the pool vacuum before inspection.
- Clean the bathroom/s and kitchen thoroughly and ensure that there is no mould but make sure there is no smell of bleach.
- Remove any personal clutter from bench tops and vanities.
- Use indoor plants to liven up rooms.
- Set the kitchen/dining table with place settings.
- Make sure all the beds are made.
- Use flower arrangements in the living areas but don’t overdo it.
- Cover worn furniture with strategically placed cushions.
- Remove the pets.
- Use some subtle deodorisers (oil burners are better than incense).
- Turn the television off.
- Play some contemporary music quietly.
- Brew a pot of coffee or bake a cake – the smell says ‘welcome to my home’.
In summary, titivate with elbow grease and not money!